Which Social Media Network brings you the most Business?
So which Social Media Network is most suitable for your Business? On my latest Survey contacted exclusively on Twitter I asked people around the world to answer this question.
Yes it was only asked on Twitter and you can say that Twitter had the privilege here, but not so fast! This does not mean that users of Twitter consider this Network to be the most suitable to bring them business and sales. So what did people responded? Check out the graph below…
As seen here 4 options were given to chose from. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Twitter tops with 40% followed closely by Instagram with 32%. Facebook falls far behind with 17% and LinkedIn with 11%.
It is not so strange that Instagram follows Twitter on this poll with a high percentage. Celebrities and Influencers in general are very active users on those two networks to communicate with their audience and monetize. This combination is also followed by many business people and entrepreneurs across the world.
On the other hand Brands who focus on online selling work more with Facebook as their primary network. This of course varies from country to country but on this poll we get a global view of things.
Finally LinkedIn finds itself on fourth place with 11% but this is not a negligible percentage. On the contrary I find it extremely good as it is used mainly by professionals who want to network and build on their connections in a more longterm way.
How to build a successful Digital Media Strategy
Are you starting a new Business? Don’t Forget this 1 Important thing!
How to Separate you Facebook Page from Competition – Part 2
In the first part of “How to Separate you Facebook Page from Competition” I have highlighted 6 important things you need to consider if you want to be on top of the competition.
1) Set up your strategy carefully
5) Page Promotion
6) Promoted Posts
Apart from the above you need to consider, and do exceptionally well, a few more things. These are not necessarily new but they need time and commitment to get really good results!
1) Content – Your Content must always be relevant to what your audience likes to see and learn from your company. It is not what you want to show them but rather what they want to see. To be more precise, if you always advertise your products on your Facebook page it can be quite boring even if your design-graphics are looking great. What you need to do is to try various information and posts and see to what people respond best. In this way you will prepare a nice mix of content to share on your page that people will respond to.
2) Insights – Facebook provides a huge data of insights for people who visit your Page. I doubt if most of you take the time to analyze those information. Insights will provide you with a better understanding of your audience’s demographics and psychographics as well as which of your posts are doing well and engage more people. This is important as it may give you a better understanding of your audience and help you shape your content towards their tastes more easily!
3) Respond – Responding is very important when it comes to engagement on Facebook. You may have noticed lately that a small button appeared on your Page called “Response Rate”. This gives a signal to visitors if your Page-Brand responds to messages and in what percentage. If you respond to 90% of messages in less than 5 minutes for a straight week then the icon turns green indicating that you are super fast. This fact plus the response you give to comments on your posts will give a huge positive impression about you and how well you care about customers!
4) Monitor Competition – Monitoring your competition can be an easy way to give you an edge or evaluate how much better or worse you are doing. Facebook Insights allows you to monitor some of the competition and how well they perform in some area against your company. In this way you can see which kind of posts have more engagement against your ones or how much reach they have. These insights can help you set targets or give you ideas to generate new type of content or type of approach!
5) Be Creative – Creativity in Social Media is not something new. You may have heard it before for all sorts of reasons. Creativity in your content, creativity in your design graphics, creativity on how you differentiate your Brand are just a few ways to be creative. Creativity though may be also found if you use some new ways to get your message across that competition has never used before! Let me give you an example. If you see that competition is not using videos to answer questions and solve problems for clients then that might be a creative way to communicate with your audience. Another way may be to invite a professional to talk about a subject of interest to your clients (imagine the response to that if competition is not doing it).
(for more expert advice i will be happy to talk with you, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to Separate you Facebook Page from Competition – Part 1
Not long ago most of the companies that had a Facebook page had neither the time, skills or faith to invest on Social Media and see the benefits. The few that did gained quite an advantage for some time.
Now we are at a point where most Brands and companies do invest time, money and other resources to have the best possible presence on Social Media and especially their Facebook Page. It is a fact that quite easily and inexpensively many people can acquire the skills or hire a pro to manage their Page quite well.
At the same time this fact has shortened the gap among competitors along all industries. Many Brands do a good job and invest time and money to attract more prospects on their Page and provide a nice experience.
So here comes the question for all those who still want to differentiate and separate themselves from Competition, What do we do to maintain our edge? How do we attract more prospects and give them an even better experience to convert them into clients or increase our word of mouth or strengthen our Brand.
Whatever your target or targets are you need to do a lot more and a lot better that before.
So here are some very important things to consider if you want to keep your advantage and do a better job than anyone else.
1) Set up your strategy carefully – Strategy is necessary and must contain all the components that will lead you to success. You need to study your competitions Page and yours to see what works best and what not, when prospects respond most and when not. Your strategy must contain not only a strong message but a very well prepared plan of activities to pass it on. This means you need to consider your graphics, videos, posts etc in a very professional way.
2) Design – The designs you use for your cover photos or posts play a huge role on how your message will be received. The same message with a different graphic can be a total success or a total failure. Use simplicity in words and appropriate colours for each message you want to promote.
3) Videos – Videos had a huge rise in 2014 and continues to do so in 2015. Thus if want to be on top you need to realize the power and impact of videos and use them to pass on you message. Be careful though to do it in a professional way. A professional way does not necessarily mean to spend a lot of money in production with special effects etc. Your video may be “amatuer” but if done correctly it can have great results.
4) Competitions – Competitions are a great way to promote your Brand but in order to separate from competition you need not to fall in the trap to make one because everyone does. For a successful competition think about your audience, make the prize relevant to your Brand and then think about you ultimate target. Do you want to collect data like emails or mobile phones to use them later on? Well you most probably should! Thus you should use a third party application and make your competition look pro, smart and attractive.
5) Page Promotion – Be careful when promoting your Page. Boosting your Page can get very detailed with the analytics provided, both demographics and psychographics. Make sure you check your audience before you try to attract others prospects. Many times you may make a simple mistake and see no results. Also do not forget to adjust your page’s descriptions according to the message you have on the header banner. This will maximize the potential of attracting new customers.
6) Promoted Posts – Promoted posts is yet another way to promote your message and create Brand awareness. Since Facebook Page’s organic reach is limited to 2% then promoted posts can many times have great effects and increase engagement. Just remember about your graphics and content to be of top class.
(end of part 1)