Nowadays a Digital Media Strategy is probably the most important thing you need to have in order to Sell a product/service or Brand yourself and get noticed worldwide!
Despite the fact that most companies and pros use many tools of Digital Media to get their message across they lack the knowledge to create and execute a complete Digital Media strategy thus having poor results over time.
If there is something you cannot afford to lose it’s “Time”, otherwise you get slammed my competition!
Here are some of the most important factors you need to consider to build a successful Digital Media Strategy and I urge you to start implementing them as soon as possible if you want to increase your results!
1) Website – Either you have a website or Blog there are a few things to consider to increase your reach. Your website needs to be responsive so it can be easily readable in mobile and tablet. You also need to consider the languages you use. A multilingual website increases the customer experience and targets better your preferred audience. Check which audiences visit your website most and adjust.
2) SEO – This is a very big chapter and becomes even more complicated as time goes by. To make things simple here is what you need to do. First thing is to check the google ranking of your website. If you are not ranking high enough then invest immediately on optimizing your page. If you are creating content then pay attention to the value of your content (be original) as well as the headlines and keywords you use. Second thing is to make sure you are active and sharing your content on Social Media to boost your searchability.
3) Social Media – Here is where you need to spend most of the time on a daily basis to see the biggest results. Platforms you may not use much such as G+ provide a great opportunity to reach people and have better SEO results. Same thing goes with other Social Media you may be ignoring like YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc. Millions of potential customers maybe using them. Find a way to explore the potential.
4) Advertising – This is where you can really optimize your efforts if all other things are in place. Digital Advertising can be a very effective tool of your strategy if you are ready for it. Advertisements on Google or Yahoo for example can get you in the eyes of every potential client and that is precious. Advertising on Social Media is another great option especially on Facebook and YouTube.
5) Digital PR – It’s one thing to talk about yourself and it’s another if you manage others to talk about you. If you can create content to be hosted on other websites in your industry then this will help you build credibility and promote your Brand to audiences you cannot imagine.
6) Email – An email list may be difficult to build, if you already don’t have one, but it will serve you well in the long term. Just think of it this way: “people are connected with you for a reason and this is a communication channel”. So use your email database to communicate news and updates about your status and your offers.
If you follow the above steps you will be for sure in the right direction of reaching your goals. You need to know though that many details exist in each step that determine how good you are and how effective your message is.